Saturday, October 17, 2009

Success?

I was just asked if I would put together a presentation for our next training at work on how to be successful. While I'm honored, it does leave me with a few questions... what is success? As defined by work, is it simply starting the most students? Or is it more specifically starting the most students while working effectively, managing time and resources? I do reach my goals, but I also work more hours than anyone else on the team, and certainly more than the 40 or so I'm paid for each week... does that really mean I'm successful? Or simply a workaholic? Or so driven by goals and numbers that I forget to take time for me? It's hard to separate the two, honestly... but I think I'll have to do so before I can really present at training what it takes to be successful! It's a good thing I have a month or so to prepare... :)

1 comment:

  1. How's it coming? I had a friend in a writing class awhile back that wrote in a paper that "success is waking up in the morning and being excited about the opportunities your day holds, and going to bed at night being able to look in the mirror and being pleased with your reaction to those opportunities." (I probably just changed it some, but it was that idea.) I liked this definition though, because it could easily apply to everybody, regardless of their situation. Obviously the opportunities that pop up in my day are completely different than those that come in yours, but the focus is on our response and our actions to those. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble.

    I think you're a great speaker and will do an awesome job presenting on this topic. You're amazing Jaime Lyn!

    ReplyDelete