Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

A friend of mine mentioned that she made pumpkin pancakes last weekend, and all week I have been wanting to make them! We ended up swapping weekends with the kids, so they won't be here until next week, but I didn't want to wait that long to make and eat pumpkin pancakes. So, I made them this morning anyway! I'm sharing the recipe because they are so scrumptious!

Whisk:
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

In a separate bowl, whisk together:
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Fold mixture into dry ingredients. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side and serve with butter and syrup.

SO - since I didn't use all of my canned pumpkin for these delicious pancakes, I think I'll make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies this afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Is it okay if I invite myself over? These sound delicious...I think we'll have to try them out this week. How's the recipe book coming along? Can't wait for my copy!

    P.S. I don't know why it's not showing that you've updated on my blog list, I've tried fixing it, but no luck:( So I'll try to be good about remembering to check on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making this recipe for the last 5 years and they are my favorite around the holidays. The syrup is what makes them delicious though..... I could drink the stuff (and do by the spoonful)....mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeek! I have a different recipe actually now that I look closer. Try this syrup with it:
    1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 c sugar
    1 tsp light corn syrup

    bring all ingredients to a boil and remove from heat. Add 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir until mixture settles.


    This syrup goes so great with the pumpkin waffles its absolutely divine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete