Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is a time for fellowship, friendship, family, food, and gratitude. It also doesn't include the stress of gifts and the expectations that can come with giving and receiving something tangible. Thanksgiving affords me the opportunity to refocus on what is truly important.

Of course, the food is an important part of the day! :) Josh and I don't have the kids this year for Thanksgiving, so we decided to spend a quiet day together. I still wanted to cook a big meal, so we're having some friends over Saturday and I'll prepare the full meal... today is a smaller version of our favorite fall foods; cornish game hens, stuffed squash, and pumpkin pie. :)

The wonderful part of it all is that there is no schedule, and no rush, so we get to eat whenever we want; I made us breakfast around 11, and have some yummy snack and appetizers for us when we're hungry again in a few hours. Dinner will be whenever we are ready to eat it; I'll probably get everything in the over around 5, but don't feel the pressure of watching the clock and timing everything just right. Today is shaping up to be a perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving is fantastic! I forgot to ask how your big meal went on Saturday when we were chatting; I'm sure it was great since you were the cook:)

    ReplyDelete