Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday falls on a Monday this year, and since Josh and I both have to work, we decided to celebrate Sunday instead. Actually, we started celebrating on Saturday, and luckily Taylor made it to town in time to join us!

We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at our favorite local diner this morning, then headed up to Bogus Basin to enjoy the view. 17 miles up into the foothills, and we were surrounded by snow. :) Hundreds of people were on the slopes today. It was gorgeous!

We had initially planned to enjoy some hot chocolate in the lodge, but weren't craving it once we got there. We enjoyed the fresh air and the scenery anyway. Unfortunately, the camera battery was charging, so we weren't able to take pictures.

My new apron... it says "Domestic Diva". I love it! I didn't want a meal out for dinner - I'd prefer to cook and enjoy a delicious meal that I know I prepared.

My birthday dinner: bacon and cheese stuffed steak, sauteed mushrooms and onions, twice baked potatoes, and an amazing glass of wine. I seriously couldn't wait to dig in!

PS - I am finally learning to do things the way my Grandma does them. I went to the butcher counter and asked for the best cut of steak he could give me. It was thick, tender, and seriously delicious, even without any of my "help". :)

A brief pause after dinner, and then into baking muffins. I have 5-dozen or so chocolate-chip-banana mini-muffins cooling on my counter. I will do my best not to eat them all by myself this evening... I baked them with the intention of sharing. We'll see how that goes...

I love my life, and am so grateful for another year to share with those I love!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Jaime. And by the time you read this tomorrow it will be your birthday ~ so Happy Birthday! I love you. The apron is wonderful ~ and very appropriate. Sounds like a perfect day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I think you're the only person who would prefer to cook themselves a birthday dinner than go out. :) Your dinner looks and sounds amazing though, and I love banana choc chip muffins, you could share some with us if you want. You're beautiful, James, beautiful, I love seeing your smiling face, it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that apron before! It's adorable!! Good gift! I want to eat some of that dinner...too bad you won't be here to make me a birthday dinner. :0)

    ReplyDelete