Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Morning = Farmer's Market

We have a new hobby for Saturday mornings. This morning we went to the Boise Farmer's Market, which is 8-10 blocks of vendors on both sides of the street. There was a pretty good mix of food (and they all had samples!), beverages (from lemonade to wine), plants, wood-working goods, glass goods, and all other kinds of fun goodies. We bought a few things:

Pepper-cured turkey-jerky, salsa-verde, almond-toffee, and a fresh mini-baguette. All locally made, and DELICIOUS!

I had a coupon for running shoes at a store downtown, so after we wandered through the market, we went into the shoe store to see if I could use the coupon. Keep in mind that I do not run... not even a little bit, but I did want a good pair of tennis shoes for our walks around the pond. So - my new stability shoes with cushion and support; apparently I walk on the insides of my feet, so I needed stability shoes to help with my balance.

I bribed the boys to take a walk so I could try out my new shoes... it's a bit chilly and windy today (notice how cold Taylor looks!), but we had a nice walk.

And, in case you're wondering, my new shoes are amazingly comfortable! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love farmer's markets, I wold love to go to one once a week and get fresh, locally grown produce and goodies. That's really neat that you have such a huge one there.

    Yay for new shoes! I think it's easier to be motivated to be active when you have comfortable, good exercise gear.

    It's the end of May, how cold can Boise be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a terrific day ~ glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete