Saturday, June 11, 2011

Commencement, and the Celebration Week

This was an amazing week. Mom, Dad, and Grandma were in town to celebrate commencement with me. We were able to have a family lunch, where I opened my graduation gift:

An iPad! I'm so excited to learn how to use it!

Grandma wanted to eat at Joe's Crab Shack... dad said he felt like a toddler again as he was being "bibbed" in preparation for his meal.




Then on to Commencement! There were 200+ graduates who participated, so it took a while for them to get to the Master's candidates and call my name.

Waiting in the wings

Preparing to be "hooded" with my Master's hood.




And of course, family pictures once commencement had concluded.





Saturday morning we had "girls time"... Gram, mom, Audri and I went to the Capital City Market and meandered through the vendors for a couple of hours, followed by lunch on a second-story terrace of a local pub and grill.



It was a gorgeous day... a wonderful week... and a blessing to feel so loved by everyone who was able to come, call, or send well wishes. Thank you for all the love and support!

2 comments:

  1. It was a marvelous event!!! And I'm so glad we could be there to share in the celebration ~ we sure are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete