Monday, July 25, 2011

Anne of Green Gables

Josh and I love to go to the theater. Fortunately, Boise Little Theater is an active organization! Over the summer, BLT runs a youth theater program, and this year their play was Anne of Green Gables. Josh and I went Saturday night, and it was incredible! The talent was amazing, but more than that, it reminded me of one of my favorite series... as I reflected on why it was one of my favorite book series, I realized that Anne's innocence, her infatuation with the world and all of its beauty, and her ability to see everything as it could be (otherwise known as over-dramatization) is captivating.

There are times when I would like to be that innocent... to view the world like I've never seen it before, to be so enamored with every experience that I have, every opportunity that is afforded me... to not be so caught up in the race that I forget to enjoy the scenery.

Life doesn't have to be about where I'm headed as much as it can be about how I get there. The destination may be important, but the journey should not be missed.

2 comments:

  1. I too love going to the theater and Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite series as well. What a great opportunity! Sounds like a great date if you ask me :D

    ReplyDelete