Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cooler Weather

The weather has finally started to cool down, and I love it! Now that we're in the 70-80 degree range, I want to take more walks, plan picnics, and take drives to see the leaves as they turn colors. Cooler weather also means more crock-pot cooking, more soups and stews and hearty dishes. Fruit desserts with cinnamon and spices, the aromas filling the house and wrapping me in cozy memories of home and family.

Today I have been able to spend a great deal of time in the kitchen, kneading dough for cinnamon rolls and baking zucchini bread. It smells like fall, and I am in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds scrumptious! Fall is just a very happy time of year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm hungry after reading your post. :D Bet everything was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete