Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chinese Buffet

I officially do not like buffets. Especially Chinese buffets. I had planned to make chicken with asparagus for dinner, but apparently my husband did not want chicken tonight. So, we decided to try this Chinese buffet that is just up the street (3 blocks away). Granted, we didn't go until 7:30, but for a Saturday night, that shouldn't have mattered. The food was cold, the meat was tough, and the desserts were non-existent. Not a fried banana in sight! Only soft-serve ice cream... seriously disappointing.

I enjoyed the idea of a dinner out with my husband, but the food was not any good at all! At least I still had the time with my husband. :) We have found that we can enjoy one another's company and have a nice evening, even if the circumstances (and/or the food) are not up to par. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that sounds pretty gross. Spencer's exact words were "ughya, that doesn't sound good at all!" I would have eaten your chicken, but like you said, date nights are more about the company:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the food, but glad you still had a good time. Rikk and I can have fun just running errands on date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Josh, when will you learn? NOTHING can beat Jaime's cooking...NOTHING. :)

    ReplyDelete