Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bread

I love bread. Unfortunately, my previous attempts to bake bread have not proven as successful as they could have been; yeast and I always have a fight, and it usually wins. I decided to be sneaky, and bought a bread machine. I'm in love with my new bread machine!

Last weekend I made the dough for bread bowls, followed by a sweet bread with honey and cinnamon. We just finished the last of the sweet bread this morning (it made a pretty delicious toast for breakfast!) so I'm now making honey oat bread.

My house smells fabulous, and I didn't have to fight with the yeast or sweat it out through the kneading process! The boys seem to enjoy it, too... although I might have heard a complaint or two about potentially expanding waistlines...

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, the smell of homemade bread, SO GOOD! Glad you got a bread machine and your loving it; bread bowls are the only and best way to eat soup, in my opinion. If I lived at your house, I'd be worried about expanding my waistline too! You're such a fabulous cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take a slice... or 2 :) Glad you are enjoying your bread machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...that reminds me that I need to make bread. We have been out for about 3 weeks!!! My poor husband...I have been out of town more than in town this month, so he hasn't had dinner or even bread to make a sandwich in FAR TOO LONG!!!! I think I have a few redeeming qualities though...at least I HOPE I do. :)

    ReplyDelete