Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chicken Fingers and French Fries

We love our deep fryer. I know, it's really not that healthy. And because of that, we don't actually use it all that often. However, a couple of weeks ago I decided I really wanted some chicken strips, so I made some... and of course, if you're going to deep fry chicken, you should add a potato, too. :)

I mentioned to my friend Angie that I had made chicken fingers and french fries, and she wanted some too! So, tonight we went to Angie's for dinner, and I took the deep fryer. :) We had chicken fingers and french fries, and she made maple scones. Oh my goodness! It was one delicious meal! And a great evening with wonderful friends. I have to admit it felt slightly silly to be making chicken strips and french fries for four adults, though!

Maybe we'll think about eating healthier tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, I think it's perfectly reasonable to enjoy some fun food as an adult. Calories don't count when you're with friends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the calories were lost in the transporting of the deep fryer ;}

    ReplyDelete