Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good People Everywhere

There are good people everywhere. And I find them in the most random places. I was really craving a Ginger Ale tonight. I saw a commercial for one, and I couldn't get it out of my head. I finally convinced Josh that we should run to the convenience store (which is really only 2 blocks away, so it's not like we were going that far...). Anyway, we walk through Chevron, and can't find Ginger Ale anywhere on their shelves. We asked the clerk, and he said they didn't carry it; however, he reached under the counter and pulled one out. He said his wife had packed it for his lunch, and he didn't care if he had it or something from the soda fountain. We offered to buy another soda for him, if we took the one from his lunch, but he wouldn't hear of it. He was simply glad to be able to give me something that I wanted. How wonderful!

It was one of the best Ginger Ale's I've ever had. :) Yes, there truly are good people everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Great story Jaime. I love people like that! And you're right, when you taste something someone gave you it usually is the best you've ever tasted :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How nice of him...I love it. I hope I am that person on occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete