Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We started with a potluck dinner at a friends house, 18 of us together, each responsible for a part of the meal, grateful to have a large group to share it with. When I asked the kids what they were thankful for, the response was "a warm house" and "lots of food". True, I am thankful for those things too. I am also thankful for a wonderful family, people who love me and support me, people who always want what is best for me. I am thankful for my sweet, attentive husband, for the love and joy, the challenges and struggles, and the life we are creating together. I am thankful for the love of a Heavenly Father, and the forgiveness and grace I find in Him.

We have continued the weekend with family time... as I sit here this afternoon, our home is decorated for Christmas, there is spiced cider simmering on the stove, and soup in the crock-pot for dinner. We have played games, baked bread and cinnamon roles, watched movies, eaten large amounts of food, and sang along to holiday music. We have chatted, laughed, danced, and watched the snow fall.

With all of that, I can say that it has been a perfect holiday weekend. We are most certainly blessed, and I am so thankful for this time of year.

3 comments:

  1. "Count your blessings name them one by one"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving, glad you enjoyed your favorite holiday! I'm sad we didn't get to chat, but I was thinking about you and missing you! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was a good Thanksgiving weekend! I can't wait to spend time with you in a few weeks! And now I want spiced cider...thanks a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete