Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Macaroni Salad

I love macaroni salad. Not the kind you buy from the store, but real, home-made macaroni salad. Particularly Grandma's. So for years I've been trying to make it, and for years I've been disappointed in the results. It's always okay, but it's not like Grandma's.

Tonight I came very close. Still not quite perfect - but 95% there. It was sooooo yummy! And it reminded me of home. So, after dinner, while thinking of my grandparents, I couldn't help myself but to have a peanut butter milkshake and think about Saturday night dinners at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

I'm so blessed to have grown up knowing and interacting with my grandparents!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yummy! I was THIS CLOSE (you can't see my fingers, but they are very close)to having a PB milkshake last night, too! It sounded soooo good, but then I had a bowl of cereal and that curbed the craving...for now at least. I'm sure it will return soon. :) We are definitely blessed with wonderful grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up close to grandparents was definitely a wonderful blessing and really special. I'm so excited to get to spend more time with them when we move up there and really looking forward to the boys getting to spend time with their grandparents, I want them to have the same kind of memories and experiences that we did.

    Well done on the macaroni salad, store bought is gross but Grandma's is amazing! I haven't thought about a peanut butter milkshake in a long time---now I'll probably have to make one to get it out of my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about 1) Gram's macaroni salad is the BEST and store bought is GROSS, 2) Peanut Butter milkshakes are scrumptious, along with Saturday night dinners @ G&G's, and 3) Yes you kids were/are blessed with awesome Grandparents and to grow up with them near is a super blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete