Sunday, February 27, 2011

Local Theater

Boise has an active local theater group, putting on 7-8 plays per year. Last year Josh and I went to one, Twelve Angry Men, and loved the experience. It's something that we've talked about doing again, but had not been able to do so. Last night we were able to take in a second show, Leaving Iowa. What a fabulous date night!

Tickets are fairly inexpensive, $12/person, and include the show and a complementary coffee or soda during intermission. We were able to have a "dress-up" date night, and enjoyed the experience of being in the theater.

We also love the Broadway shows that come to Boise, but those are slightly more expensive. For now, we're thrilled to be able to attend shows at the Boise Little Theater, and become "theater people". :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love going to plays! Especially when you get a little dolled up for them. SVU puts on a few a year, but we haven't had the chance to attend any shows. :( I've never heard of Leaving Iowa, I'm going to have to google it. One of my favorite plays ever was that vaudeville show you did in high school, remember? That was fantastic, as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that sounds so fun! I haven't been to a play in a LONG time...prior to seeing Wicked in 2007, it was definitely the college days! I would love to live somewhere where we could do more of that! Glad you had a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you get to do it again ~ soon. It is a fun date night (who doesn't like to dress up a bit?!?! ~ I guess I mean what girls don't like to dress up a bit!!! :D ) And a little 'culture' to boot, woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love the going to shows! We used to go to SLC Hale Center Theater back in the day. The stage is in the center of the room with audience surrounding. Loved it! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete