Sunday, March 13, 2011

Planning a Garden

This year we are going to join a group of friends and plant a garden. I've never had one before, and I'm really excited! A friend's parents has offered a parcel of their land, near town, to the group of us if we want to care for it. At this point, I'm in the list-making process... what do I want to grow? So far, the list includes pretty much everything. The next step will be narrowing it down, and researching what will grow well, what I can plant near other things, and then matching it with others' lists so we can all try to grow different things and share with each other.

I'm pretty excited about this opportunity... and looking forward to digging in the dirt! With gloves, of course... I don't want to actually get dirty. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, gloves, you're cute. :) What a neat idea to do it with a group of friends, share the work and the wealth, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And Holly's right ~ the gloves are cute ;D Don't blame you though, I wear gloves when I work outside too.

    ReplyDelete