Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet...

This morning Josh and I went out for breakfast. We headed to a popular local cafe, and as usual, it was packed. We waited for 15-20 minutes, and a large booth finally opened up. It didn't seem like we should take a large booth (really meant to hold 6) for just the two of us, so Josh turned to the couple waiting behind us and invited them to join us for breakfast. :)

We had a great time! They were a wonderful couple, and didn't mind chatting and sharing about their lives as we enjoyed a delicious breakfast and lingered over our coffee. (We only lingered because by that time there wasn't a line - it was kind of an in-between meal time by then).

It was a blessing to share a meal with some unexpected company, and both Josh and I felt grateful; strangers are just friends we haven't met yet, and we met two more today.

4 comments:

  1. That's terrific! I love the idea. And I totally agree ~ there are no strangers in the world, just friends I whose names I don't know. That is a truism I live by :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun! I can't say that I would have done the same thing, not because I wouldn't want to, but because I'm shy enough that I would feel really awkward. You and Mama are really good examples to me to remind me to step out of my comfort zone and introduce myself to new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...I'm smiling inside and out. I've definitely wanted to do that before. How awesome that both couples could join in and get something great out of the opportunity! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I love that you guys did that!

    ReplyDelete