Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vision Board

I spent the past weekend at a retreat - I was one of three featured speakers, with a topic of "work-life balance". Ultimately, I think I have a decent balance, but there is always room for improvement!

Anyway, one of the things we did at the retreat was build our vision boards - what we'd like our lives to look like, things we'd like to do or have, words/phrases that describe us and who we want to be... so - below is mine.
First, I want to live a life of purpose... a life I choose. I don't want to feel like life happened to me, but rather that I chose it. Secondly, I want to travel with my husband... it doesn't have to be far, but time away to enjoy the country we live in and enjoy time together. Third, I want Josh and I to be healthy... which includes fitness, and a dance class. :) He already said he'd take one...

Fourth, I want to cultivate relationships with supportive girlfriends. Fifth, I want to focus more of my energy on my true passion, which is cooking. When I have a day to do anything I want, I want to be in my kitchen. There has to be something I can do with that. I don't know what yet, but I'm working on it. :)

Sixth, I want us to live in a house. Our apartment has been wonderful, and it's in a fantastic location. But, I'm ready to think about a house again, with a fireplace, an outdoor living space, and a huge kitchen. Lastly, I want to allow myself time to dream, to just be.

There you have it! I'm not ready to specify goals related to each aspect of my board yet.... they will come. For now, I want to ponder on what prompted me to choose each of those pictures and words, and focus on what choices I want to make so that I have chosen to live my best life!

2 comments:

  1. Jaime this is great! I've been working on my personal mission statement for my Human Relations class ~ it's been a great exercise, it really makes you stop and think. I can't wait to hear how the entire retreat went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! That seems like such a fun exercise to get passionate about life! I think I'll try it next time I have a stock pile of magazines. :) Dare to dream and then live it!

    ReplyDelete