Thursday, April 15, 2010

Potato Chowder

Today was gorgeous outside. However, all week I have been craving potato chowder. So, even though it was 70 degrees outside, I made potato chowder and bread bowls. Unfortunately, I had a slight mishap during the process - after simmering the vegetables until soft, I put them in the blender to puree... one of the buttons was slightly depressed, and I plugged in the blender before I had the lid on.

So, not only did we have a delicious dinner, but I now have a sparkling clean kitchen! :)

Potato Chowder Recipe:
8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup diced onion
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups water
1 cup milk
6 strips bacon, crumbled
Salt
Pepper

1. Boil potatoes for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Set half of the potatoes aside.
2. Place remaining half of potatoes back in pot. Add onion, celery, garlic, water, and milk. Mix well. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
3. Puree for a thick, but not chunky, broth.
4. Add the potatoes that had been set aside, bacon crumbles, and salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I can just see the vegetables flying out of the top of the blender... Reminds me of the time we were making popcorn balls with Lizzie and I forgot to put the top back on the air pop machine! Popcorn flew out all over the kitchen :) We had a great laugh about it though!

    ReplyDelete