Saturday, April 10, 2010

Surprise!

A couple of my girlfriends wanted to take me out for my birthday... our plan (so I thought) was to have a glass of wine and an appetizer downtown. They picked me up, made me put on a tiara and a sash that read "birthday girl", and then we took pictures. It was prom-ish. :) I then kissed Josh goodbye and off we went.

We arrived downtown, and as we walked into the restaurant, I was greeted with "surprise" and "happy birthday" from over a dozen co-workers and friends who wanted to help me ring in my 30th birthday! We were able to sit and enjoy a few hours of chatting, wine, and appetizers. I'm still surprised that they were able to pull it off, and so grateful for how many were there to help me celebrate. I feel so blessed!

PS - there were a few cameras, so as soon as I see pictures I will post them! :)

PPS - my birthday weekend is turning out to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm glad you were surprised, what a fun way to celebrate. I wish we could be there to help you celebrate your big day, but alas, Virginia and Idaho just aren't that close. Can't wait to see pictures with you all dressed up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend! Way to stretch out a birthday - not just a day but an entire weekend :)

    Glad you had such a great birthday. Wish we could celebrate together. I love you. And I'm with Holly... can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete