Sunday, August 29, 2010

Catering a Wedding?

I'm getting ready to cater a wedding. It's my biggest cooking feat to date... I have catered a baby shower, but that wasn't quite the same. I have toyed with menu plans for weeks, and finally settled on one based on the budget, amenities at the wedding site, and number of people attending.

I'm feeding 50-60 people... the wedding is in our friend's backyard, and I have a small kitchen (with 1 oven, and no microwave) and a barbecue grill at their house. So, here's the menu:

Appetizers - cheese and cracker tray, fresh salsa, and artichoke dip.

Main Course - beef kabobs, chicken kabobs

Side Dishes - roasted garlic potatoes, broccoli salad, rolls

Desserts - scottish shortbread, double frosted brownies, spice cookies with pumpkin dip

Yes, there will be a wedding cake (that I'm not responsible for!), but the bride wanted some other sweet treats for those with a sweet tooth, as well as those who may not prefer cake.

Wish me luck! I'm excited, but a little stressed about the whole affair... I'll be taking most of Friday off to prepare; Saturday is the big day!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Jaime we really need to work on the goal of relaxing!!! :D The menu sounds great and I'm sure everything will be perfect! You are amazing, plain and simple. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete