Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yesterday was the wedding. :) I took off work Friday at 12noon so I could handle the prep. By 8pm, I had the salsa, artichoke dip, broccoli salad, and garlic roasted potatoes done. I had the meat cubed and marinating for the kabobs, I had the spice cookies mixed and chilling, as required, the brownies baked and cooling so I could frost them, and the shortbread cookies coming out of the oven.

Then I went to a goodbye-dinner for my friend Cristi. Once I made it home again, I cooked the meat and sliced all of the vegetables for the kabobs.

It took us a while, but Josh and I prepared kabobs until 2 in the morning. 100 of them.

The frig, pre-wedding... I don't think it could have been much fuller.

My space for the food... I had the perfect set-up to set food out, and man the grill. What you can't see is a huge umbrella that provided the table, and me, some shade while grilling the kabobs.

I didn't get pictures when the food first came out... this was towards the end of the afternoon, after most of the platters and bowls were refilled, and people were full but still grazing. The artichoke dip was a huge hit!

The second round of the main course... things were fairly well picked over! :)

Relaxing on Sunday... we were completely worn out from Saturday's festivities! Josh and Donovan wanted to battle it out on the Heroscape board.

Audri and I made so no-bake cookies to go with our afternoon of Disney movies. :)

Good thing we have tomorrow off as well!

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you all weekend wondering how the wedding and food went! Looks like it was a huge success!! Are you pleased with the turn out? Were your friends (the bride & groom)? Looks totally awesome... Like I keep sayin' you're amazing! ;D And you had such terrific help ~ YAY! for the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the bride and groom were thrilled. I'm pleased, and they were pleased. I couldn't ask for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, Jaime Lyn! I would NEVER, EVER, EVER take on such a feat. If I say dinner is at 5pm, it's always at 5:30pm. I just can't ever coordinate things to get the timing right!!! Catering would be a complete disaster for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!! :o) It sounded TASTY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do it all Jaime! I think it comes with the "oldest sister powers" you 1st siblings have. Great job!

    ReplyDelete