Thursday, November 24, 2011

Changes in Plans Provide Blessings

I am not very flexible. We all know that. It is a lesson I've been learning a lot about this past year. So, when I have a plan and it gets disrupted, I often find myself frustrated and upset.

I was supposed to travel for Thanksgiving this year. Josh didn't want to make the trip, so I was going to travel without him. But, we've had a change in plans. Normally, I would be upset, flustered, frustrated, trying to figure out what to do now that my plan won't work out. However, now, I'm okay... I hadn't planned to fix Thanksgiving dinner at home, but had everything in the pantry that I would need for a traditional Thanksgiving  meal but the turkey.

So, we ran to the store to try to get a small turkey, but there were none left. We came home again thinking that maybe we'd have roast chicken instead... and there was a turkey on our doorstep. It was one of those moments, seemingly insignificant, where we felt like we are not alone, and what we need (or want) is provided, just when we need it.

So, we have everything we need... and most importantly, we are together. The turkey is in the oven, we're watching movies, and we are counting our blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. "Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done. Count your blessings..." Love and miss you both.

    ReplyDelete