Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Office

Three months ago we decided to turn one of the bedrooms into a home office. Josh had been using one of the rooms as his office for quite some time, but it wasn't set up for both of us to work, and wasn't really a space that we had all of our "office stuff". 

For three months, the space has been in varying states of chaos - boxes stacked in the room that were office-related things, piles of paperwork to sort through, books to unpack onto the bookshelves - and this weekend we decided to put it all together.


The view from the doorway... we each chose a wall and set up our desks.


My side! I unpacked all of the books, sorted all of the papers and got everything filed, and even hung my vision board above my workspace.

So - my new commitment, now that I have office space at home... no more working in the living room. If I need to work, I'll go to the office and do what I need to do as efficiently as possible. That allows me to relax, and live, in the living room, instead of working from any space that I set my laptop up in. 
It's all part of my plan to create balance... and work less. :) I am excited about our office!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I like your office space. And I love the feeling of accomplishment when I complete a task or project that has been lingering. Way to go Jaime and Josh :D I also like and applaud your plan of creating more balance. I need to work on that as well. Maybe we can help each other with this one?!?!

    ReplyDelete