Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

This year as I sat down to write New Year's Resolutions, I realized that I've never been good at following them through for an entire year. I have written some wonderful goals, and even broken some down into smaller, achievable steps... however, by year's end, I don't think I can say that I've consistently worked on any of them, ever, for an entire year. So, this year my resolution is simple, and something I can live by every day. It is simply this:

Live a life of gratitude.

I have many things to be grateful for, and yet it is so easy to dwell on the negative. I am choosing this year to be grateful. I'm sure that it'll affect many areas of life, and will help me make some other positive changes as well... but that isn't the point. I want to sip my apple cider on December 31st, 2010, reflecting on the year, and knowing that I was able to find something to be grateful for each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect goal, one we should all work harder on I think. Having a grateful heart automatically makes you feel happier and lighter (for lack of a better descriptive word.) Good luck!

    P.S. I love you a lot:)

    ReplyDelete