Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fair Food

Yesterday we went to a small-town fair before the fireworks... we love fair food! We couldn't decide what we wanted, so we decided to share. I love corndogs, Josh loves turkey legs, and we both love french fries, so we figured we'd share a little of each.

My corndog was a hand-dipped "monster corndog"... 14" long! It was amazing... we passed the stick back and forth more than a half-a-dozen times!

The turkey leg was also huge - we had to wait for 20 minutes for it to cook, and we couldn't even finish it. :) I have issues eating meat off of the bone, so we sat down and Josh peeled strips of meat off of the leg for me. What a guy!

We watched them prepare our french fries; they put a potato in a machine that looked like a drill hooked to a slicer. They ran the drill and the potato was cut into the curls... each batch had three potatoes, so the plate was HUGE! We couldn't finish them, either.

We had plans for chocolate dipped mini-donuts, but couldn't even order them. We were too full! Luckily for us, there are two more fairs this summer that we're planning to go to, which gives us plenty more opportunities to enjoy fair food. :)

3 comments:

  1. MMM, fair food is the best. Last year we went just so I could go to all of my food booths. Literally, we ate and then left, we didn't even walk around or watch any shows...I justified it as pregnancy cravings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean - except I don't have the "pregnant" excuse. :) Last year we didn't get to eat at the fair, so this year I'm making up for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fair food too!! I always have to get a caramel apple and an elephant ear. Besides that, I'll eat whatever else seems yummy!!

    ReplyDelete